Tuesday 24 April 2012

SLU Artshow


I'm doing some artwork for a Sri Lanka Unites artshow the SLU group is hosting sometime in the future. Started it today and this is the progress. I'm sure someone's thought of this idea before. I've heard and totally understand than Sinhalese friends are uncomfortable with the tiger emblem because of the associations and in all honesty, I don't think many Tamils are comfortable with the association of the Sri Lankan flag with the Government of Sri Lanka. So yeah fairly basic idea Tiger + Lion = Tiglon....
Symbolism aside, both just incredible animals and a combination of the two is even better especially if I just take some artistic liberties and just amalgamate anything I like in either.

The other idea floating around in my head is of more substance but it is going to be pretty hard to pull off. Hopefully it will materialise because it's much better....


No comments:

Post a Comment